Friday, October 29, 2010

A bit about me...

I think it only fair that I share a bit about my recent motivation for the slightly obsessive knitting.  In the last year I have separated from my spouse, moved 1300 kilometers (granted back home), bought a house all by myself and I am for the first time in 20 years without a partner in life.  I am not looking for any sympathy, in fact I feel better than I have in a great many years.  I have lost 37 pounds, started going to the gym, changed my eating habits for the better and in general living a “whole” lifestyle.  I am happy, I experience try and utter joy on a daily bases.  All that said I still have stuff to work through and knitting for me allows my brain to stop thinking about 100 things at once and focus on one thing.  It is very therapeutic; I have been surprised at what comes out of my knitting sessions these days.  As Forest Gump says “That is all I have to say about that.”.

Now on to the truly important stuff…  I have decided that for the first time in my adult life I am going to wear a bikini and feel good about it, ETA on belly to the world, July 2011.  I am going this weekend to buy the itsy bitsy bathing suit, I figure now is as good of time as any…  I still jiggle a little in the wrong places, I am pasty white and I figure if I don’t shave my legs I will have the perfect tri-factor for bathing suit shopping (I am kidding about the leg thing).  Please friends wish me luck.  Once purchased the 2-piecer will be proudly on display in my bedroom as a reminder of why I am getting up before the sun to punish my poor old body.

I finished another little project last night, a toque for a friend, and I have selected the next project, a prayer shawl for a dear co-worker.  Pictures are on their way, I promise.

Have a save and happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment